Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Sandy Martin as Simon?


The brainchild of downtown financial guy Sandy Martin comes to Exeter again this weekend---Exeter Karaoke Idol. Hmm.

In need of some entertainment this weekend? I might be which is why I'm curious about the second year (I think) of the Exeter Karaoke Idol competition. I may head down to get a sneak peak at the contestants. But rest assured, I won't be signing. Though I do have a good routine down to the song "I Feel Lucky" I'm not sure my husband would ever go out in public with me again if I took to the stage. Oh well. Maybe the teenager from Stratham who was booted from the American Idol will take a chance here?

Here's the info:
The Exeter Rotary Club Karaoke Idol and Dance Event auditions are Saturday, Feb. 9 at Town Hall.
Singers compete by age group 12 and under, 13-17, 18-29, 30-44, 45-59 and 60 plus for cash prizes. There will be winners in each group with one contestant selected Karaoke Idol. Dance troupes of three or more can perform between the performances.
The Karaoke Idol and Dance Event is May 4, at 2 p.m. at Town Hall. Contestants will be invited to a VIP Reception "Meet the Entertainers" after the performance. Proceeds help support local charities including Hospice House, Rotary Scholarship Fund and the food pantry.
For information, contact "Sandy" Martin at 778-0822 or e-mail CelineC@mfe.com

No comments: