Friday, December 28, 2007

Help We're Buried In Toys

Our living room could very well be the newest showroom for Toys R Us. There are toys everywhere. There's also now a jungle gym in the middle of the living room--fully assembled---just in case you feel like a little climb before dinner. Apparently once you have a child "of toy age" the post Christmas clean-up takes on a whole new life of its own. Every grandparent, great-grandparent, aunt, uncle, friend, the mailman, person on the street can't resist buying toys for a child who now wants to actually play with them. I'm sure once I'm in their shoes I'll be the same way. But now, I'm hoping not to trip over the lead laden Thomas the Train toys and break my arm.
My friend Jason had this to say "Well, Lara, you've lost your living room for good now." He knows what he's talking about. He has two kids and his living room is wall to wall toys. Poor Jason had to build a porch sunroom just so he had a toy free zone in which to sit, watch TV and perhaps enjoy a glass of wine and some quiet. Too bad my porch/sunroom has already been lost to firewood storage or I'd head out there...

No comments: