Thursday, January 24, 2008

A Mighty Long Walk (I hope not...)


So I've been gloating to everyone ever since I booked my bargain basement tickets to Florida on Skybus. What a great deal, I'd say. I was like the ambassador to Skybus even though I'd never flown with them.

I may change my tune.

We're slated to leave tonight at 6:15 p.m. getting into Florida at 9:15. Not ideal with a 90-year-old and an 18-month old, but possible.

Oh, by the way, did I mention there are no customer service people to call at Skybus? Well, there aren't. You have to go online to check the status of the flight. My printer's out of order, so I headed down to the Exeter Public Library to print out our boarding passes (again, you have to do a lot of grunt work for the price). And that's when I encountered the "oh by the way your flight's been delayed until 9:30 p.m." This gets us to Florida at 12:20 a.m.

It ain't going to be pretty that's for sure.

Car rental place is allegedly going to be open when we get there. I hope I hope. And the hotel lady told me she was going to bed but that I could call her home phone to wake her up when we get there.

What an adventure. Stay tuned...

No comments: