Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Yankee Magazine Writer Coming to Exeter


An interesting book reading and signing is coming up next week down at Water Street Bookstore. Readers of Yankee Magazine will recognize the name Edie Clark from the The View From Mary's Farm feature.


She is headed to our downtown bookstore in Exeter Saturday, April 25 at 6 p.m., to talk about her newly re-issued memoir, The Place He Made.


From her website:

"I'm happy to tell you that, at last, the new edition of The Place He Made is available. The book, originally published in both hardcover and paperback, was declared out of print in 1999 but people have never stopped writing to me in search of this book. Based on this continued interest, I've produced a re-issue of the book and written an afterword which expresses some of what happened as a result of this book. I never expected the kind of response that came when the book was published. Apparently there is a need for books that speak honestly about the experience of losing the battle to cancer as well as the experience of losing a spouse when your lives are still young. It is nearly twenty years since Paul's death yet his special way of being continues to inspire me and encourage me. What has surprised me most is that his special way of being has also inspired others through this book. I never quite realized the extraordinary power of the printed word until The Place He Made was published. The entire experience has taught me a great deal about loss and about grief."

No comments: