Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Adam Roberge Walking to Raise Funds for Programs for The Blind

I first met Adam Roberge a number of years back when I taught therapeutic horseback riding in Newfields. Adam was born blind. My first memory of meeting him was his amazing memory. He could recite off the top of his head the type, model and year of every car that the people at the barn drove, as well as the cars of his teachers, friends and family.
Adam has been a top fund-raiser for several events benefitting the blind and visually impaired over the years. At one point he did a blog: http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/support/adamsblog

I just received an email from Adam with news that he is prepapring to walk in the Vision 5K Event on June 5.

Here's the info:
I just recently signed up to participate in the Vision 5K event on June 7 and I want you to join my team! I need you to join my team! This event raises money for four charities right here in Massachusetts whose mission is to raise funds to provide much needed services for blind and visually impaired children and adults. Annually these organizations touch the lives of thousands of men, women and children and help them each achieve literacy and independence.I am asking you to help by supporting my fund-raising efforts with a donation. Your tax-deductible gift will make a difference in the lives of many! You can make your donation online by simply clicking on the link at the bottom of this message. If you would prefer, you can also send your tax-deductible contribution to the address below. Any amount, great or small, helps in the fight. I greatly appreciate your support and will keep you posted on my progress.Thanks in advance for sharing my Vision!
His page:

http://www.vision5k.org/site/TR/Events/General?px=1002382&pg=personal&fr_id=1050&et=-zmmFYwx_jYL22x6BWrTZw..&s_tafId=1100

No comments: