Thursday, January 8, 2009

Not All Ice Is Equal

I spent about 20 minutes this morning chipping the 2+ inches of ice off my car from the big storm yesterday. I did have a traditional ice scraper, but resorted to the metal mini garden shovel which really helped chip the pieces off a bit faster. We made out better than I expected with the storm yesterday, but I think everyone is so jumpy after the last storm/power outage that we were all expecting the end of the world or something. I can say none of us will ever be unprepared for a storm again. Which of course means that we won't see a storm like we did in December of 2008 for another 20 years..
For those tired of the weather already, check out the link to the Key West Web Cam:
http://webcam.keywest.com/
Think of it like those people who put videos of fireplaces on their tv during holiday parties or something.

No comments: