Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Another one on the Way?


My friend Jason is a bit obsessed with the weather but I think this time, he might be right. There's another storm headed out way tomorrow and it could bring more ice. Yes, you heard correctly, more ice.

Here's the forecast:

Tonight (Tuesday): A chance of snow showers after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. Calm wind becoming northeast around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Wednesday: Snow before 1pm, then rain. High near 34. East wind between 7 and 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Wednesday Night: Rain before 1am, then sleet likely. Low around 26. North wind between 6 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Thursday: A chance of snow, mainly before 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37. West wind between 11 and 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

I usually brush off these storm warnings and laugh at the people at the store stocking up on water and batteries and all that stuff when they hear a storm in the forecast. I think everyone can safely say after the Ice Storm of 2008, we will never be unprepared again.

We are now the proud owners of a generator, thanks to a sale at the Seabrook Home Depot, and I have a new inverter plug for my cigarette lighter in my car to run my laptop or whatever else can safely run off one plug. My lovely neighbor Sharon, who was struck by my coffee addiction that I made public during the last storm, arrived at my door this morning with a french press so that I could make real coffee throughout any outage.

And the old lady horses are ready to rock with a big giant bale of hay and almost overflowing tub of water, should we lose water again.

Check out the latest forecast through this link to the National Weather Service in Gray, Maine:

No comments: