Monday, June 9, 2008

Going Raw


So when I think of "Raw food" as in the Raw Food Movement, I think of that episode of Sex and the City. You know, Samantha is hot after some waiter who works in the trendy NYC all raw food restaurant and eats the all raw food for hour after hour to outlast another lady, also after the hot waiter.
Well, celebrity connections aside, the raw food movement has hit Exeter. This goes back to my theory that everything has an Exeter connection eventually.
Kathy Gallant, of the Blue Moon Market, Green Earth Cafe, and the yoga center, started eating raw with her husband this winter. She eats about 80 percent raw food while her husband is a devoted 100 percent raw food follower. I'm not sure I have the will power for this.. and I hate to say as I'm writing of this healthy movement, but I do love red meat...
But for those who would like to learn more about this style of eating, the Blue Moon is hosting a class on raw foods on June 24. For more info, check out their web site at http://www.bluemoonmarket.net/

No comments: