Thursday, November 22, 2007

I Am Thankful For.....

This year I am thankful for the fact that Kenny doesn't dress wee Willie to go out in public often. This morning was my morning to sleep in. We try to trade off on the weekend days so that for at least one day we get to sleep past the crack of dawn.
Just after 8 a.m. I arrived downstairs. Willie had on a red onsie that he outgrew months ago, unbuttoned with the flaps hanging out, paired with aqua blue pants. He looked, well, a bit of a mess.
"What's that?"
"That's a daddy outfit," Ken responded, before going on to explain that Willie had spilled coffee on his other shirt.
"Did you think to button the shirt, or tuck it in?"
He just laughed. "It's a daddy outfit."
Apparently that is supposed to be explanation enough.
Come on Willie, I said. We've got to make you presentable for the official family viewing of the turkey and the little boy.
And folks, this is why men need us in their lives--to make sure their clothes match. And I hope on this momentous day that Kenny (and Willie) are thankful for that.

No comments: