Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Head Over Heels Closes Up Shop

So, I was walking along Water Street over the weekend to pick up a sandwich at Billingsgate when I saw the sign that Head over Heels is going out of business. I was shocked. The place has been there for quite a number of years.
I guess the shoe business isn't what it used to be, especially for the higher quality type of shoes sold there. Too bad.
I hear that a cosmetic store is coming in to the space?? I should mention that I wear make up about twice a year.. but.. still I was a little surprised. Is there that a big of a market for make up? I guess we'll see.
In the meantime, I am the proud new owner of the shiny patent red leather clogs that I have admired in the window of Head Over Heels for the past six months. They were one of only a handful of shoes left on Saturday, how could I not try them on? Turns out they were just my size.
Now I just have to figure out a place to wear them. (My husband suggested Halloween)

No comments: