Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Running of the Brides (Ladies) at Arjay's

Gram and I have just returned from an event I'm terming the running of the brides, Exeter version. It was "Ladies Night" at Arjay's on Lincoln Street, which meant from 6 - 9 tonight, every lady in the store got 25 percent off their entire purchase, everything in the store. I wasn't planning ahead too much for this, but thought I'd pick up some Carhart work pants for my brother Will for Christmas and possibly some other things. Well, apparently everyone else in town had the same thought. The place was mobbed by 6 p.m. I had to drop gram and go in hunt of a parking spot. No carts left. Only a few baskets.
But there were two Santas. Go figure.
We made out well. At one point, the line of people trying to check out was all the way to the back of the store. Wow. In a pretty dismal economy, it was great to see people out doing their shopping at a locally owned business like this.
There's still time to get over there, open until 9. Maybe if you're lucky, Santa will give you a candy cane!

No comments: